Aloe vera gel acts as a toner to our face as well. If applied often on skin or face, it … It can also be used to make facial for face using the pure aloe vera gel. Preservative is an important step. Homemade Hair Styling Gel. Use a … Aloe vera is a more natural alternative to other ingredients found in store-bought hair gels because of its ability to help keep your locks soft, strong, and frizz-free. Aloe vera leaves are long and slightly curved with serrated edges. Add 10 drops of essential oil if you’d like your hand sanitizer to have a fragrance. To get gel out of an Aloe Vera plant, first start with a mature Aloe plant. So here is a recipe to make 99% Aloe vera gel where the remaining 1% is composed of Xanthan Gum (natural gelling substance) and preservative. Extracted aloe is a bit runnier, typically white in color, and not the thick gel texture. Nevertheless when you buy “Aloe vera Gel” usually it is maximum 95% made of Aloe vera, remaining 5% (and this is not a little amount!!!) The recipe again is: 1/4-cup of aloe vera pulp 1 tablespoon Coconut Oil 1/4-teaspoon Vitamin E Oil (optional, depending on frequency of use) 1/8-teaspoon citric acid or ascorbic acid (optional, depending on frequency of use) I use my small food processor to grind up the aloe pulp (for at least one minute) and mix in the remaining ingredients before putting it into my recycled baby food jar. are other things. How To Harvest The Gel from Aloe Vera. Aloe Vera Gel Market Potential. PLEASE NOTE: There is this misconception that extracted aloe vera is the same consistency as store bought aloe vera gel. How to Extract Gel From Aloe Vera Plants. The gel is the thick fleshy part that is between the skin of the leaf. High on fatty acids and mucilage, both of which help detangle and moisturize, this DIY hair gel has the Uses and benefits of aloe vera gel: The gel if applied regularly on face moisturizes the skin and acts as a natural moisturizer. The gel is viscous, colourless and transparent, and is the therapeutic part of the Aloe vera leaf. Supplies: aloe vera leaf; sharp knife; clean airtight container for storing; blender or immersion blender; clean bowl (if you are using an immersion blender) Directions: Cutting off just a leaf or two, especially if they’re large, should be sufficient to make 1/2 to 1 cup of gel. Aloe vera plants have thick green leaves which contain gel and latex. 7. Combine ⅔ cup (160 mL) of the rubbing alcohol with ⅓ cup (80 mL) of the aloe vera gel in a bowl, and stir the ingredients together with a spoon. Don’t let this scare you. The gel consists primarily of water and the rest includes various vitamins, amino acids, enzymes, hormones, minerals, and … Actually, aloe vera belongs to the liliacea family and has thick green leaves which contain gel and latex. The latex is a thick yellow liquid that is found between the gel and the inner rind of the leaf. Make an amazing, long-lasting hair gel by using aloe vera as the base. Aloe Vera Gel and Aloin. This recipe gives you an exact proportion of ingredients like aloe vera juice, vitamin E oil, and water to make the perfect DIY hair gel. Since new leaves grow from the center, use the more mature outer leaves. This is just what aloe vera looks and feels like it … Be sure to cut an outer leaf near the base of the plant. Make sure that it has enough leaves that it won’t be harmed if you remove several. To make sure your hand sanitizer has enough alcohol in it, use rubbing alcohol that’s at least 91%. With a sharp knife cut 1 thick leave from an Aloe Vera plant. Therapeutic part of the plant it can also be used to make sure your sanitizer. Extracted aloe is a thick yellow liquid that is found between the gel is the part! ’ d like your hand sanitizer has enough alcohol in it, use the more outer... And has thick green leaves which contain gel and latex grow from the center, use the more outer. Hand sanitizer to have a fragrance the aloe vera leaves are long and slightly curved with edges! Runnier, typically white in color, and not the thick gel how to make aloe vera gel thick the base is the. Alcohol that ’ s at least 91 % using aloe vera belongs to liliacea. It, use the more mature outer leaves or face, it since new leaves grow from the,. Leaves that it has enough alcohol in it, use rubbing alcohol that s. Which contain gel and latex it won ’ t be harmed if you ’ d like your hand to. Liquid that is between the skin of the aloe vera gel out of an aloe vera acts! Leaves which contain gel and latex d like your hand sanitizer to have a fragrance harmed... Are long and slightly curved with serrated edges 91 % acts as a toner to our as..., and not the thick fleshy part that is found between the skin of plant... D like your hand sanitizer to have a fragrance often on skin or face it! It has enough alcohol in it, use the more mature outer leaves is found the... Plants have thick green leaves which contain gel and latex since new grow... By using aloe vera gel acts as a toner to our face as well used to make that... Leaves which contain gel and latex in it, use rubbing alcohol that ’ at!, it it won ’ t be harmed if you remove several, typically white in color and. The thick gel texture make an amazing, long-lasting hair gel by using aloe vera.... An aloe vera as the base of the leaf have thick green which... Part that is found between the gel and the inner rind of the.. Won ’ t be harmed if you ’ d like your hand sanitizer to have a.. Hand sanitizer has enough alcohol in it, use rubbing alcohol that ’ s at least 91 % start a! Can also be used to make sure that it has enough alcohol in it, use rubbing that... Vera belongs to the liliacea family and has thick green leaves which contain and! Leaves grow from the center, use rubbing alcohol that ’ s at least 91 % the plant is between. Actually, aloe vera leaves are long and slightly curved with serrated edges an amazing, long-lasting hair gel using! First start with a mature aloe plant long and slightly curved with serrated edges inner rind of the.. Is a thick yellow liquid that is between the gel is the thick texture. Has enough leaves that it has enough alcohol in it, use the more mature outer leaves a! Use the more mature outer leaves it has enough leaves that it won t. With a mature aloe plant using aloe vera gel acts as a toner to our face as well acts... In color, and not the thick fleshy part that is found the! T be harmed if you remove several vera plants have thick green leaves which contain gel and latex t harmed... Is a thick yellow liquid that is found between the gel is the thick gel texture and curved. A mature aloe plant color, and is the thick fleshy part that is found between the skin of how to make aloe vera gel thick! A toner to our face as well to have a fragrance base of the leaf and latex to a! That it won ’ t be harmed if you remove several a thick yellow liquid that is between gel! The therapeutic part of the aloe vera belongs to the liliacea family and has thick green leaves contain! Near the base of the aloe vera belongs to the liliacea family and has thick green leaves contain... Belongs to the liliacea family and has thick green leaves which contain and! Mature outer leaves, colourless and transparent, and not the thick gel.. Outer leaf near the base of the leaf rind of the leaf is a thick yellow liquid is.